Are you missing a tooth in a critical area? Have you been missing multiple teeth, and it’s beginning to affect your other teeth? Are you experiencing pain due to missing teeth? If you’re in need of affordable dental implants near Flourtown then consider Penn Dental Medicine.
Penn Dental Medicine is a patient-centered Clinical Education Program that provides guidance and supervision to our future dental health professionals. If you’re in need of dental implants, you can get affordable expertise provided by our student doctors who are who are overseen by our faculty. We want to ensure the highest quality care for our patients, so our treatment time may take longer than you may expect in a regular dental office.
What To Expect When Receiving Your Affordable Dental Implants Near Flourtown
- Consultation – You’ll see your dentist where you’ll receive your comprehensive examination. During this examination you’ll receive x-rays allowing the dentist to see if there is enough jawbone to hold the implants.
- Bone Grafting (if needed) – In order to ensure a successful dental implant you must have a jawbone that is thick enough to hold the implant. Bone is usually taken from another part of your jaw or body. A bone graft will give you a solid foundation for your dental implant.
- Dental Implant Placement – During this surgery, your bone will be exposed by an incision made on your gums. Holes will then be drilled into the bone to make room for the metal post implant. You’ll receive a temporary tooth to cover the gap until your next procedure.
- Abutment – Once your jawbone has fused with the implant it’s time to place the abutment. Your oral surgeon reopens your gums, attach the abutment to the implant, and then your gum tissue is closed around the abutment. An extra surgical step is not always needed to place the abutment. In some cases it can be placed at the same time as the dental implant.
- New Teeth – Once your gums have healed it’s time for your new artificial teeth. You’ll have impressions taken to make your crowns. You crowns can’t be placed until your jawbone is strong enough to support your new teeth.
Contact Penn Dental Medicine at 215-898-8965 to schedule your appointment today!
Affordable Dental Implants Near Flourtown | Near Flourtown Affordable Dental Implants