These days, it can be hard to know what to look for in medical or dental care. These fields have grown so much in the past 30 years, specializing and sub-specializing to the extent that the average person may not know who to go to for different types of issues. That’s not to mention the question of quality. How do you know what makes dental care good?
This article is specifically addressed to people living in the greater Philadelphia area looking for the best Philly dentistry out there, but we hope you’ll learn from the points we make regardless of where you live.
Although the broad range of specialties in the dental field might be intimidating at first glance, it doesn’t have to be. No matter what type of problem you’re experiencing, the first step is to visit your general dentist for diagnosis and referral. We recommend visiting a comprehensive care center so that you can receive all your treatments under one roof.
So, how do you best identify quality dental care from a comprehensive care center? We’ve put together a few recommendations of how to spot the best dentistry based on our experience:
- Transparency. A quality dental practice will be very clear about what your condition is and what your options are going forward. After your first visit, you should have either a referral in hand to see a specialist or a detailed list of the suggested treatment and its associated costs. You should be encouraged to ask questions and should be given direct, informative answers.
- Strong education and training. Quality dental care requires a strong background in dental techniques and diagnostic skills. That’s why you should opt for a dentist with a credible background and one who receives ongoing training. At Penn Dental Medicine, our student doctors are continually receiving feedback and training from experienced dentists at the forefront of their field, who are faculty members at the University of Pennsylvania. We are proud to offer the best of research and practice at Penn Dental Medicine.
- Good communication skills. If a dentist can’t properly communicate with you, then how will you know what issues you’re facing and what to expect from your treatments? High quality dental care always involves dentists who are empathic and attuned to their patients. You should feel comfortable with your dentist and at the dentist’s office. This characteristic is something you won’t really have a feel for until after your first visit to the dental office.
- Technological expertise. This involves having the right technology and the skills to make good use of it. At Penn Dental Medicine, we are privileged to have access to state-of-the-art dental technology. Precise microscopes, imaging software, and advanced scanners are used by our dentists to ensure that all treatment plans are based on the most accurate and reliable information possible.
- A high level of specialization. Truly great dental practices offer the most complex dental services available. At Penn Dental Medicine, all types of surgeries and reconstructive work are available to you at an affordable cost.
What are you waiting for? The best Philly dentistry out there is available to you, and an affordable cost. Now that you know what high-quality dentistry should look like, discover the wide range of services we offer at Penn Dental Medicine. We promise you won’t be disappointed!